[ExI] Brain emulation, regions and AGI [WAS Re: Kelly's future]

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:26:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
> They are.  But when it comes to building an AGI, I think I might ... ahem
> ... go a little careful on the l-DLPFC equivalent.  I don't think we need to
> make them so much like us that they experience full blown romantic love and
> go completely cuckoo.

This seems dangerous to me Richard. If we create Vulcans they won't be
able to fully understand us, and that seems like an existential
threat.

I believe that we want AGIs to self-identify as human beings so that
they see themselves in brotherhood, rather than in competition, with
us.

The kinds of insanity that are dangerous are different than romantic
love. Which great emperor has destroyed his people over romantic love,
compared to say personality disorders or hatred of a rival, or
religion?

-Kelly