[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:47:20 UTC 2011

On 14 June 2011 00:11, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Our society is currently built off of the idea that the poor should be
> > supported by the rich.
>
> ### Or rather, the non-workers with political influence are supported
> by the workers, especially the ones with little political influence.
> That's why the rich elderly get more resources than the young working
> class.

Yes, I agree with that.

One wonders however why this should be the case in the first place, given
that the young and working classes - at all levels of the social ladder -
should be in a much stronger position than individuals whose role is largely
parasitic - again, at all levels of the social ladder.

The answer might be: because the latter and their speakers won back, perhaps
also for demographic reasons, a cultural egemony that was repeatedly put in
jeopardy in the period going from 1910 to 1970 from different quarters.

In this sense, Lenin and Ayn Rand might have been on the same side, after

Be it as it may, this is IMHO a source of serious concern for transhumanism,
in spite of our inclination to console ourselves with the idea the a
Singularity would be "ineluctable"... sooner or later. In fact, it is the
qualification (one age or another in a galaxy far, far away?) that makes me
worry. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj