[ExI] The Argumentative Theory of Reasoning

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 05:47:27 UTC 2011

Heya, spike. Sorry for the multiple messages. I haven't visited ExI in quite a while and I have multiple email addresses. I did not know which of my emails the server would approve. After I received a rejection I sent another, and then I got the`subject wrong. You were too kind to approve them all. :)

> Most of the function of any theory is to provide a guide in
> the search for evidence.

That seems a good summary of the argumentative theory of reasoning: we don't reason to find the truth; we reason with others to defend the theories we posit, and that's all there is to it.

-gts