[ExI] North Korea's super EMP Bomb

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Fri Jun 17 21:50:02 UTC 2011

Hi Eugene,

I think I'm with you on this one, as in I'm in the "Material Property
Dualism" camp on theories of consciousness: (
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/7 ).

And note that the "Functional Property Dualism" camp is the current leading
consensus camp, with more supporters like Chalmers, and a bunch of other
leading thinkers than our camp. (see: http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/8 )
And this camp predicts that consciousness is possible on anything, from
water pipes, to people in a "Chinese room", and yes, including silicon.

So, I'd like to hear more about how or why you think you can guarantee
uploads won't work on CMOS, or even electronics?

Brent Allsop