[ExI] Superior Autobiographical Memory

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 03:06:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Max More wrote:
> And, a propos of the people with radically complete recall, this is probably
> an autism spectrum issue.

They stated clearly that it was not autism. But that they did have
some OCD tendencies. Otherwise, they are fairly normal.

> They probably suffer side effects as a result of
> it, and there is probably a good reason why the "normal" brain does not
> flood us with total recall.

One of the mysteries is why we don't all have this... what is the
evolutionary root of forgetfulness being selected over total recall?
Just that they are too irritating to breed? They also stated that
their brains are not flooded with total recall, but that they could
recall anything they needed as needed. Just as you are not flooded
with what you did yesterday, but can recall it as necessary.

-Kelly