[ExI] Superior Autobiographical Memory

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:35:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Beginning to think there is something wrong with me, though, given all the
> people on this list who claim diminished recall.

I wonder how much of this phenomenon is diminished recall (implying
the details are recorded yet unreachable) and how much is never stored
in the first place.

Will the kind of disconnect from the "rat race" that we see in retired
people allow us to reminisce in ways that we currently don't justify?
If access to your personal past (~1 month) cost you some amount of
involvement with the present (2 weeks), would you pay the price?  What
ratio of investment:retrieval would be worth the opportunity cost in
today's time?