[ExI] META: Overposting

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:51:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see why we should refrain from discussing important things.

It's a cap on the volume of discussion, not a ban on the discussion itself.

It is one thing to discuss a topic.  It is quite another to hash and rehash the
same points without productive outcome - which is almost always what is
happening when one person posts more than 8 times in a day, thus the cap.
(The list software can not yet directly analyze posts to see when a discussion
has degenerated.  But it can count posts per day from a given member.)