[ExI] sinking island, was: (asteroid) defense

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 1 20:55:09 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Damien Sullivan
Subject: Re: [ExI] libertarian (asteroid) defense

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:36:10AM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:

>> Please point to irrefutable non-fudged evidence of actually dangerous
>> levels of current climate change.  Otherwise could we move on to
>> something actually important?

>Islanders are being evacuated because sealevel rise is destroying their
property.  Next! -xx- Damien X-)

The sea level hasn't risen enough to cause the evacuation by itself.  The
island is sinking.

As I recall there is a old city in Europe somewhere that is down at sea
level.  Venice?  I hear it has been continuously occupied for several
hundred years.  That should provide us with good metrics for what the actual
sea is doing.