[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Mar 13 19:25:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> > Only run them until we have something better.
>
> We already have something better.

Eugene: I don't share your pessimism regarding nuclear as a (major but
partial) solution to future energy needs, although I do have great respect
for your study of the area. However, while I recall you frequently
critiquing nuclear as a solution, I don't recall ever seeing your view on
the "something better". I may well have missed it. Please elaborate or else
point me to what you might have posted on your preferred solution.

> > Run them to get the world off of oil and coal without huge spikes in
> cost.
> > Or do you propose to simply wring our hands and give it up as hopeless?
>
> You know full well what I propose.

** Based on my own experience, I suspect that Samantha does NOT in fact know
what you propose.

--- Max

--
Max More