[ExI] Two Japanese reactors on red alert

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Mar 15 21:50:50 UTC 2011

Il 15/03/2011 20.48, Richard Loosemore ha scritto:
> Mirco Romanato wrote:
>> This is emotional thinking.
>> They have problems, but thy are manageable.
>>
>> The earthquake hitting the power plant was 16 times stronger than the
>> security levels it was designed to withstand.
>
> Then why was it designed to withstand something 16 times weaker than a
> realistic quake?  A quake of this magnitude, followed by a tsunami, was
> an *easily* expected event in the lifetime of these reactors.  This is
> not emotional thinking (what is emotional about describing a gross
> mismatch between planning and a likely event?).

Easily expected for who?
I don't remember you making this claim anytime before the earthquake
happened. Do you have anyone making the claim and supporting it with
data before the earthquake?

Now, we know that California will experience a Big One like this Japan
Big One in the future. When, no one know.
Do you propose we evacuate all people in some safer place?
Do you want close down the nuclear plants in California?
Do you want close also the refineries and other heavy and dangerous
industries?

Japan will not back off from nuclear power because there is no other way
to have energy cheap and abundant. They will learn and build better
plant in the future. They will rebuild and regrow what is lost.
Because they are resistant and resilient.

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>
Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

*Mirco Romanato*

 <javascript:void(0);>

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 10.0.1204 / Database dei virus: 1498/3508 -  Data di rilascio: 15/03/2011