[ExI] note from a foaf in japan

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 17 14:54:54 UTC 2011

> On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] note from a foaf in japan

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM,  wrote:
>> Japan works on just-in-time delivery of every part, and every bite of
>> food and fuel. There is no such things as warehouses much anymore. So
>> with power out, little fuel, roads and infrastructure damaged so badly
>> torn up and ports destroyed on their side of the country, recovery is
>> a huge and almost impossible recovery job.but they will recover.

>...One financial blogger I read commented that just as the giant bank CEOs
behaved recklessly because they knew they would be bailed out by the
government, it is becoming apparent that industrial CEOs also behaved in
exactly the same reckless fashion. No warehouses meant bigger profits and
larger salaries for the CEOs. Until it doesn't work
anymore.   Now the government has to step in and do the food
distribution...Similar for GM in USA, etc. etc...BillK

Indeed?  The government doing food distribution is a non-sequitur.  The
Japanese poster was referring to motorcycle production.  Industrial CEOs do
not maintain warehouses to stockpile food.  If you meant the CEOs of grocery
chains, the problem isn't with the CEOs, it is with the consumers: they
chose to buy food at the lowest cost source, which doesn't stockpile food in
warehouses.  The other problem with the consumer is that they failed to
stockpile their own food in sufficient quantities in their own homes.  The
Japanese Mormons will be fine for a while.

Again, what has this to do with CEOs?