[ExI] Remembering 2000-04-01

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 22 14:43:31 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
>
> Since April 1 is fast approaching it might be worth remembering the
> 2000-04-01 event where Bill Joy, Ray Kurzweil and others discussed
> these issues...

>...The "Spiritual Robots" thing? Several of us must have been there.
I was. Who else?

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a> http://leitl.org ...

Gene you came all the way over here from Germany for Nerdstock?

As I recall that whole event was curiously under-advertised.  They had
monster big names coming in, no tickets, reservations or restrictions on
attendance, but didn't really post advertisements much in places like
Slashdot News that Matters.  I am surprised you and I didn't meet then, or
if we did it must have been briefly.  A bunch of us went for Indian food
(with a dot not a feather) afterwards over in Palo Alto.  Were you in on
that?