[ExI] Remembering 2000-04-01

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 22 15:18:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:43:31AM -0700, spike wrote:

> Gene you came all the way over here from Germany for Nerdstock?

No, only all the way from Rancho Kook-among-us. Several other people
from 21CM/CCR were there, John Smart and from the locals Arkuat as well.

> As I recall that whole event was curiously under-advertised.  They had
> monster big names coming in, no tickets, reservations or restrictions on
> attendance, but didn't really post advertisements much in places like
> Slashdot News that Matters.  I am surprised you and I didn't meet then, or
> if we did it must have been briefly.  A bunch of us went for Indian food

I looked around, but couldn't see anyone I knew. I think I've met you
the first time in http://www.extropy.org/events.htm#Extro%204
Late Robert Bradbury as well.

> (with a dot not a feather) afterwards over in Palo Alto.  Were you in on
> that?

Nope, I think we've formed our own little cluster.