[ExI] Zero State & other 'splinter' transhumanist movements

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:11:02 UTC 2011

2011/5/3 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>

> The thing to remember is, however, that these 'kids' are going to grow up.
> They *want* to further transhumanism. They want *action*, and they *don't*
> want bland populist Kurzweilian messages, for the most part.

Indeed. As much as I may like our exchanges on transhumanist fora, and their
ability to help us cross-educate ourselves to shared ideas, values,
languages, not to mention to keep up-to-date with regard to what is
happening, the real point is what we do out of the door.

In this respect, as one need not be in the military to wage war, and
military men may well in fact be pacifist at heart, I do not think that it
is the primary job of the transhumanist(s) movement as such to get directly
involved in posthuman change-relevant technologies, but rather that of
changing society to the best of their possibilities in a direction making
such a change more likely, more imminent, and in the first place - possible.

This is why I think transhumanism to be basically a political identity,
requiring action to its supporters along the lines of any other grass-root
movement.

--
Stefano Vaj