[ExI] Zero State & other 'splinter' transhumanist movements

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:30:08 UTC 2011

On 3 May 2011 15:33, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although actually doing stuff is exciting for the youngsters it is not
> impossible that some of the older people who are already too busy (or
> too tired) to get their hands dirty themselves might have useful words
> of advice to offer.

At the veeeeery least, evangelism is always open to anybody of any age with
a normal network of social connections, and today with any access to the
'Net. See what has been achieved in this area by things going from
environmentalism to religious fundamentalism, from the free software/open
source movement to the Pirate Party/ies.

There are so many publicly accessible fora, blogs, commercial sites where
ideas or news or works relevant to transhumanism are being discussed, or
information thereupon can be offered or relayed, including Amazon, Facebook
or Wikipedia, that even those who are not really inclined, say, to write
books or to organise popular anti-luddite riots :-), easily find here a
full-time (or, more probably, a five-minutes-a-day) activism job. In fact, I
would suggest that a good rule would be to write at least two messages to
the "outside" world for any "internal" exchange one might care to
entertain... :-)

As to splintering, as long as we do not have to participate to elections I
would not be too concerned. Christianism has had a spectacular success in
spite of (or, perhaps, also thank to) a history of schisms and
fragmentation. Let hundred flowers bloom, and healthy competition amongst
them to take care of their pruning.

--
Stefano Vaj