[ExI] Usages of the term libertarianism

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 11 03:40:33 UTC 2011

2011/5/10 Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:

> Govt provides a kind of balancing against the power of capital (at least
> it's supposed to, when working properly).  What we've witnessed the past
> few'ish decades, is what happens when capital rules the roost
> semi-unchecked.  De-regulation hands the keys to the inmates.

### The key to control is deception: To convince the controllees that
they are the controllers (e.g. by giving them the bread-and-circus
show of elections), to conceal the truth (increasing political control
of the financial system) and replace it in the popular narrative with
its polar opposite ("capital rules the roost unchecked").

Once you have defined the terms to suit you, the little creatures are
just running around like headless chickens, ready for the plucking.
And all that happens quite naturally, no evil conspiracy needed, just
some natural human weaknesses and the grinding wheels of
government-controlled educational system churning out obedient
yes-humans.

Rafal