[ExI] Farmville for real

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 12 23:07:17 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Farmville for real

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> ...  Those who care about the plight of slave labor will flock to buy my
all-legal produce, even at elevated prices.
>> Result: soon the slave labor will be freed from slavery, by being laid
off, woohoo!  Problem solved.

>>...Makes more sense to me than "organic"...

>...It would probably be very expensive, but do you think it would be more
expensive than organic? (Real question)  -Kelly

No one knows, Kelly.  All-legal produce has never been attempted.

Regarding all-legal produce, it would probably be more expensive than
organic, but it would be a better product, so it might depend on how you
count it.

My mother, being a licensed CPA, attempted to account properly and pay all
the taxes on her farm labor.  When she filled out all the forms and
submitted them to the appropriate authorities  according the rules, they had
no idea what to do with them.  They had never had anyone actually attempt to
try to follow all the farm labor tax rules.  The agency had never seen it!

I... am... not... kidding...