[ExI] Farmville for real

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun May 15 00:17:56 UTC 2011

spike writes:

> My mother, being a licensed CPA, attempted to account properly and pay all
> the taxes on her farm labor.  When she filled out all the forms and
> submitted them to the appropriate authorities  according the rules, they had
> no idea what to do with them.  They had never had anyone actually attempt to
> try to follow all the farm labor tax rules.  The agency had never seen it!
>
> I... am... not... kidding...

I believe you, spike. There's a lady lives in this area, has a small organic farm,
works local markets and such.  She tried to follow the legal farm labor tax rules
and got a similar response.  The sh*t hit the fan when a worker was hurt and she
tried to see to it that his care was appropriate and good quality. The "authorities"
hadn't a clue what to do.

Regards,
MB