[ExI] Cephalization, proles--Where is government going?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri May 13 20:18:50 UTC 2011

On 05/13/2011 11:13 AM, Will Steinberg wrote:
> The 'heavy hand of government' is how we bend current society into one
> of freedom.

False.  Go read the papers of the American founders.

>  Think of it this way: at any point in time, you may 'free' society.
>  Obviously this will have different effects depending on the current
> world situation.  If society were freed now, certain interested groups
> would become far too powerful.

False. They counter balance one another.  Without initiation of force no
group can simply do what it wants without becoming uncompetitive
relative to other groups that wish to act in that realm.

> At the heart of it, no matter how much one theoretically masturbates
> to the idea of pure freedom, the truth is that/the groups who would
> dominate today's society, if it was freed, are the same groups run by
> people who have absolutely no problem with (even an inclination to)
> human exploitation for profit./

What is masturbation is perverse fantasies that people can only be free,
happy and productive by being forced to by an institution defined by
monopoly on the initiation of force.  It is a deep sickness in the human
psyche.

> /
> /
> Do you understand?  There is no theory.  Many of the richest people
> today became that way by commodifying the lives of humans who relied
> on the money to live, because the corporations themselves do not allow
> people to LIVE FREELY!  Their monopolization is a boundary to true
> liberty.

I understand.  Apparently you do not.

> I know many of you can intuit that something about liberty is special,
> but that doesn't mean we can just go there now.  These things take steps.

I didn't say anything about how to get there from here.  That is more
complicated.  Without agreement on where we want to go the more
complicated discussion about how to get there is rather pointless.

- samantha