[ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:41:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Gentlemen, one thing this particular internet chatter group can offer that
> others do not is that many or perhaps most of us here have the scientific
> and technical sophistication to look up nucleon energies and do the math.
>  We need not concern ourselves over who said what or what degrees this other
> guy has or what scams were done by whom and when.  Ignore all that, get out
> the dusty old nucleon chart from college (so tragically many years ago) make
> a spreadsheet, imagine a theoretical muon-catalyzed proton capture (which is
> what they are claiming) and find some kind of nickel to copper transition
> (which is what they are claiming), any isotope combination from nickel to
> copper, pick your favorite pair of (stable) isotopes, go ahead and theorize
> any wacky variation, such as a triple proton capture coupled with an alpha
> decay, or whatever you want.  Do not worry about the fact that physics as we
> know it says protons and alphas will not behave this way, just map out end
> points a!
>  nd look up nucleon energies, find *any* mysterious path from any
> marginally stable nickel isotope to *any* marginally stable copper isotope,
> then come on back and tell us what you found.

Here is my first-ever attempt at nuclear fusion, for which I assume
no responsibility :-) . Of course I took Wikipedia as the ultimate reference
for atomic masses.

Proton capture from nickel-64 (stable) to copper-65 (stable). I don't have
the slightest idea whether this reaction is permitted or not, but according
to my calculator:

Ni64 = 63.9279660
Cu65 = 64.9277895
H = 1.007825032

H + Ni64  = Cu65 + 0.008001532

which corresponds to about 7.5 MeV of energy.

What am I doing wrong?

Ciao,
Alfio