[ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 21 17:20:29 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato
Subject: Re: [ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

Il 20/05/2011 17:48, Alfio Puglisi ha scritto:
> I found a TV program with some interesting information (in English):

>>The original video is here:

>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzL3RIlcwbY

>> Apparently, in addition to the usual claims, somewhat precise numbers exist:

>> - production cost of the "device" is around 2,000 dollars (for a power
>> of a few KW), while electricity costs (in terms of raw
>> materials) is < 1 cent/KWh - a 1 MW installation is planned in Greece
>> for October this year

>...The facts as related by Rossi:
>...1) 800$/kW for thermal energy; 2.000$/kW for electricity...

>...Mirco

Gentlemen, one thing this particular internet chatter group can offer that others do not is that many or perhaps most of us here have the scientific and technical sophistication to look up nucleon energies and do the math.  We need not concern ourselves over who said what or what degrees this other guy has or what scams were done by whom and when.  Ignore all that, get out the dusty old nucleon chart from college (so tragically many years ago) make a spreadsheet, imagine a theoretical muon-catalyzed proton capture (which is what they are claiming) and find some kind of nickel to copper transition (which is what they are claiming), any isotope combination from nickel to copper, pick your favorite pair of (stable) isotopes, go ahead and theorize any wacky variation, such as a triple proton capture coupled with an alpha decay, or whatever you want.  Do not worry about the fact that physics as we know it says protons and alphas will not behave this way, just map out end points and look up nucleon energies, find *any* mysterious path from any marginally stable nickel isotope to *any* marginally stable copper isotope, then come on back and tell us what you found.

I did this, couldn't find a reasonable starting point/endpoint pair which would do what they say happened, even assuming a previously overlooked muon catalysis or that god came along, damned his own physical laws and reshuffled the protons by hand.

Conclusion: it's all either a lie or a colossal mistake.

If I am wrong, I will be morally obligated to eat my nucleon chart.  In this case, I would devour it most cheerfully with ketchup and relish, for two reasons: 1) it lies to me, and 2) all mankind's problems are solved forever.