[ExI] From Friendly AI to Loving AI

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat May 21 20:10:04 UTC 2011

On 21 May 2011 19:52, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marvin Minsky has a good deal to say about the dangers of messing with
> our psychology.  It would be the easiest thing in the world to make
> changes that you could not back out of because you didn't want to.  I
> think Eric Drexler had similar thoughts.

Yes. My own recipe against any inconvenients this may create (from which
POV, OTOH?) is diversity. And/or Darwinian pressures.

Theists of any kind are going to have a rough time when they have
> beings around that effectively *are* gods.

I suspect that at least at the origin "gods" in the Greek, Latin, Nordic or
Hindu sense of the word, were basically the idealisation of paradigm
shifters. What else would be new, unless of course the sheer scale of the
paradigm shift itself?

--
Stefano Vaj