[ExI] Iain M Banks' Culture Novels [WAS Re: Usages of the term libertarianism]

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun May 22 07:08:21 UTC 2011

2011/5/21 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:

snip

> Conversely, take Stross's Accelerando. How should we condone the incredibly
> parochial hostility to what is cavalierly defined the Vile Offspring which
> is expressed in the last part of the book?

Literary necessity.

The characters that thread through the book, even the cat were not
enhanced enough to cope with Economics 2.0.

The problem is you can't write a post singularity novel from the
viewpoint of gods or near gods.

At least I have not seen any so far.

If you have ideas for how to write such a novel, I would be most
interested in seeing them.

Keith