[ExI] Fat Head (was: sorta mod version of paleo diet)

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 23 17:35:02 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Max More
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 9:57 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Fat Head (was: sorta mod version of paleo diet)

Yes, grass-fed beef is much preferable to grain-fed due to the vastly better
omega 3 to 6 ratio.

Grain-fed beef has an omega 6:3 ratio of 20:1 or higher. Essentially, there
is hardly any omega 3. (J. Anim. Sci. 2000. 78:2849-2855). Grass-fed beef
typically has a vastly better omega 6:3 ratio. Other advantages: grass-fed
beef is higher in B-vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium,
and selenium, and has 3 to 5 times more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
There are other benefits too. Some info here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-differences-between-grass-fed-beef-and-gr
ain-fed-beef/

--- Max

Oh OK thanks Max.  I have much to learn about farm product marketing.
Actually I was thinking more in terms of the ratio of dollars in my pocket
vs dollars not in my pocket, but if the omega 3 to 6 ratio gets me there, I
am aaaaaall for it.

All you beef devourers out there, what you want is grass fed beef only,
builds strong bodies 12 ways, makes you grow big and strong, helps you look
like. like Max More.  Eat that stuff at every opportunity, especially Oregon
grass fed beef, the very best, worth the extra cost, which goes to a good
cause too: me.