[ExI] a very silly story

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat May 28 03:27:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> As for thermite, my standard ignition method was always a magnesium-oxidizer
> mixture. Of course, I often added a bit extra to get some aluminium to lift
> into the air and burn freely - made such a lovely infrared pulse, and tended
> to evaporate the soda cans I put the mixture in.

### I am partial to sodium perchlorate mixed with magnesium and
ignited by dripping some glycerol on top of a few crystals of
permanganate (for a nice delayed-action fuse).... but aluminum powder
is nice too.

What do you guys think about nitrogen triiodide? Not as flashy but
provides a lot fun when smeared on door latches, chairs and toilets

Rafal