[ExI] Future Movie Quality Benchmarks?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun May 29 19:22:58 UTC 2011

Fellow Transhumans,

How long do people think it will take before we have movie experiences
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poK5xL7hDEA

And how close to that will we be able to get without direct neural
communication?

And what do you think we will be able to accomplish beyond this, and how
long will that take?

As in how long will it take to have awareness of much more than a few
hundred pixels per inch, close to us, and the extents of our conscious
knowledge extended far beyond a few miles (the end of which everything
is pasted flat), and instead of just tri color, or in some lucky
tetrochromat people's case, 4 colors, have thousands of diverse
phenomenal colors, and instead of just 2 1/2 D, where you can only see
the surface of things, and nothing behind them, but be fully conscious
of all of it in full 3D... and what else beyond all that will be
possible - when...?

Brent Allsop