[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Nov 10 21:42:04 UTC 2011

   Quoting Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>:

> 2011/11/10  <natasha at natasha.cc>:
>> Quoting Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>:
>>> Well, folks, are you alive?
>> Yes, I am alive.
> I believe you Natasha!!!!

   :-)
>> I have read and survived Rand. I do not support her
>> objectivism nor her reven[ge]fulness. Not for a moment.

> That is your privilege as a living person... :-)  She did seem to have
> a pretty big axe to grind, but given her childhood in communist
> Russia, I can somewhat forgive her over-reaction in the other
> direction.

   I emote, therefore I am.

   > I don't have your location on the political spectrum Natasha.. is that
> because you are eclectic or eccentric in your political beliefs, or
> just that you haven't said?

   I was a Liberal, Democrat, then an elected Green Councilperson
for LA County. ...  Then I started thinking.  ... Now "I am neither
right nor left" (Esfandiary). I tend to be more of an insightful
Dennis Miller type than a biased Laura Ingraham type. I am not
interested in blame and hate against those who own companies and
provide jobs to others. Nor do I think it is okay for shareholders to
give ridiculous bonuses to themselves and also take money from the
government. And I do not respect presidents to vacation in Martha?s
Vineyard or Tim Buck Two, when people are jobless. And I certainly do
not think that people should be receiving unemployment payout for an
extended period of time. But I do think that one thrives when one
cares for others. Narratives (TV, film, books or whatever) that make
money off of dumbing down society are a terrible crime against humanity.

   My ideological position is as a designer.  I think about
socio-economics and biopolitics as a design problem. My political
leaning: "locate the problem, find the most effective way to resolve
it, and get going."  This has to be done with an unbiased, logical
methodology for seeing what is most workable, doable with the most
amount of thought/knowledge and the least amount of waste.  It is a
formula to resolve rather than to label.