[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Nov 11 22:37:04 UTC 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 10:33 AM, Giovanni Santostasi wrote:

> If you listen carefully the video "New Order-Wake up call" (that it is too much leaning towards conspiracy theorism to be taken seriously in its entirety) in it there is a gem:
> "these people have so much money that they don't care about money anymore, it is all about power".
> That is so true. This is why any talk about unfettered, enlightened  capitalism is non sense.
> It is not about how to achieve wealth or increase the standards of living of as many people as possible.
> Once some people have reached a level of wealth that is so much higher than everybody else the end game is gaining and playing with power.
> This why spreading wealth is not possible in any form of capitalism because its end game is for few people to gain unlimited power through hording resources in the fewest hand possible.
> Giovanni

If you want to see people that care about nothing but power then look at politicians, not business people and investors.  The billionaires and multi-millionaires I know are not in interested in power for power's sake but only as a means to make manifest the next thing they would love to see come into existence.     Generally I like their dreams a LOT better than those of most politicians who send goons with guns to take the money to continue trying to increase their own power and make the impossible possible.

In a meritocracy or free market situation you can only amass a lot of money by producing things that a lot of people consider valuable enough to pay you for.  I think that is a hell of a lot cleaner than the political alternative.

- samantha