[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:10:10 UTC 2011

2011/11/11 Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>

> If you listen carefully the video "New Order-Wake up call" (that it is too
> much leaning towards conspiracy theorism to be taken seriously in
> its entirety) in it there is a gem:
> "these people have so much money that they don't care about money anymore,
> it is all about power".

This is a very important point.

There is a limit to the number or quality of steaks money can allow you to
eat, and the marginal utility function of money drops quite precipitously
at, say, Soros's  level. What makes you still work, often much longer hours
than your average Wal-Mart employee?

The answer of course is power. Now, I may be more comfortable with the will
to power than others. What I am not comfortable with is that power be
allocated exclusively on the basis of your worth in dollars, to the
detriment of whatever other features and selective criteria one can imagine.

--
Stefano Vaj