[ExI] Capitalism, anti capitalism, emotional arousal

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:24:16 UTC 2011

2011/11/12 Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>:
> Why people think OWS has to do with going back to hunter-gatherer society or
> communism?

Because those are among the answers given to interviewers when
protesters are asked what they want. Simple.

> Look at this for example:
> http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/new-livelihoods/whos-building-the-do-it-ourselves-economy
> What is here that sounds like wanting to go back to hunter-gatherer society?

The OWS demonstrators that I have heard interviewed did not provide
anything close to this cogent of answers. Some of these ideas are very
good, and should be implemented. If they are good ideas, capitalism
will provide the means for them to be implemented... and in many cases
it is already doing so. For example, local farmer's markets...

-Kelly