[ExI] Online talk next Sunday: Ken Hayworth on How to create a Connectome Observatory of the mouse brain and beyond

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:59:24 UTC 2011

How much bigger is a human brain than a mouse brain? Like 500-1000 times?

Of course the mouse connectome observer is absolutely fascinating, but
we really want to this for humans.

According to Ken, the required resolution can be achieved NOW (and can
only improve). So we just need to build operational pipelines for
preparation, readout and storage and medical research facilities (and
regulations or better absence thereof) able to preserve brains with
sufficient accuracy for future readout.