[ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Oct 21 00:52:47 UTC 2011

   Quoting Joseph Bloch <seculartranshumanist at gmail.com>:

> 2011/10/20  <natasha at natasha.cc>:
>> Quoting Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> But perhaps those who disagree can point me to a source, any source,
>>> expressing such a weird position. In that case, yes, we should have to
>>> disagree with it.
>>
>> I'll do this off list.
>
> Could I ask you not to do so? I think it's in all our interests to
> know if there are folks out there advocating mandatory life extension,
> compulsory replacement of limbs and organs with bionic replacements,
> and obligatory cognitive enhancement drugs. Especially if they're
> doing so in the name of Transhumanism.

You seem to be looking for someone(s) who might propose coercive
tactics, while I was responding to "naive" approaches. Re: coercive
tactics, I don't know anyone. If I did, you would too and they would
probably be in jail, or hunted by the FBI.  As for naive approaches, I
refer to anyone who thinks he/she can save the world through nano or
ai.  Certainly it could possible at a later date, but through a
different consciousness: one that would have to be more evolved than
the human brain and ability to individuate and to  form connective
awareness.

   Natasha