[ExI] deathless meat

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:52:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> The part I am watching is how much of that 5-10 bucks per kg is processing
> cost.

> I am all for minimizing suffering of beasts.  That to me is a
> goal worthy of eating something less than what I might choose, and perhaps
> even paying more for it.

Just a thought, but: does suffering often translate into extra costs, that - if
suffering itself is not part of the end product or service being produced - can,
in theory, be done away with to obtain the same result more cheaply?  And
does this apply broadly, to most production processes that involve enough
suffering that it gets noticed?

If so, this seems akin to businesses discovering that "going green" can
simply mean "doing more with less", such as not bothering to purchase
material that would wind up as scrap (and be tossed in a junkyard instead
of being sold to a customer).