[ExI] deathless meat

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:53:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> We have a conveyor or something to bring
> food and water to the bovine, another to haul away the remains, the beast
> pumps stem cells in the blood to the meat factory.

Sounds like an easy life. Not. Ask dialysis patients how much they like it.

>  I am not a vegetarian myself.  My wife is, my son is, I am a light meat
> eater, but I am all for minimizing suffering of beasts.  That to me is a
> goal worthy of eating something less than what I might choose, and perhaps
> even paying more for it.  I am cheering wildly for these guys.

I'm an unapologetic omnivore but I'm sensitive to animal suffering. Properly
raised livestock have a pretty good life: all of their needs are taken care
of and they're protected from disease and predators. Their deaths can and
should be quick and painless, and they owe their very existence to their
production of food for humans.

-Dave