[ExI] Religion & transhumanism (not the usual!)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:52:20 UTC 2011

2011/9/6 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>

> In a nutshell; These blog posts are early, flawed attempts at
> conceptualizing a "language of conciliation" between futurist/atheists and
> believers of whatever stripe. If the day comes when transhumanism could
> score a major victory if only it can muster mass support outside its own
> traditional circles, then we would probably be glad of such a language.

I personally added a few comments to your posts.

While I do like my Dawkins, and even more my Dennett (much less the
strident, self-righteous, sanctimonious Hitchens) I basically agree with
many of your ideas here, but I would not be too sure about this being a
"language of conciliation".

If anything, making explicit references to a broad "religious" nature or
compatibility of transhumanism puts us even more in the position of direct
competitors to established churches and persuasions.

Witch-hunting is certainly a time-honoured sport, but its popularity pales
in comparison with burning heretics - who are after all in the same market
and food chain - on the stake.

--
Stefano Vaj