[ExI] Faster than light??

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 23 16:34:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9/23/11, Dennis May <dennislmay at yahoo.com> wrote:
"I would not be too concerned about any Earth shatteringconsequences if it were found that neutrinos were foundto travel slightly faster than the speed of light - or othermeans of signaling faster than light were
 discovered. It would only mean that a variation of Lorentz EtherTheory would replace Special Relativity"
If Special Relativity is untrue then General relativity certainly is, I'd say that was pretty damn Earth shattering.

"Tachyons and time travel would not be a part of such a theory."
Maybe maybe not, its far too early to make any dogmatic assertions, but I will say that I'd be very sirprise if the luminiferous Ether made a comeback after more than a century.

And it will probably all turn out to be a mistake, but if not all bets are off.

 John K Clark