[ExI] Feasibility of solid Dyson Sphere WAS mbrains again: request

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 29 22:45:09 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
Subject: Re: [ExI] Feasibility of solid Dyson Sphere WAS mbrains again:
request

> Spike wrote:
>
> >> The MBrain is a target, in a sense, but certainly not a helpless
target.
> >> This one has a built-in speed of light self-defense system.  spike
>
>> ...Been through all that kind of discussion before.  Whatever defenses
>> you build the resources outside to overcome them can be as large as it
>> takes.  Beams of diffuse anti-matter dust are my favorite.  Dennis

>...Mbrains will no doubt look quaint as we get ever better ideas of how to
arrange matter to do useful things, but so far they represent one of the
more well analysed development directions. If you find them silly, why don't
you propose a better approach and show us your engineering? -- Anders
Sandberg,

Well said Anders.  I can imagine an MBrain would master nanotechnology, and
thus would be capable of self modification as it discovered better and
better ways to reconfigure itself.