[ExI] The NSA's new data center

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 08:49:57 UTC 2012

Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> declared:

> If I knew you were
> a lesbian, I could cease marketing certain irritating things to you...
> When there is no privacy, SOME things actually do get nicer. It is a
> tradeoff. One that I make in the direction of privacy today, but one
> that I expect the zeitgeist will sweep away over the next 100 years.
> It will be like living in a small town where everyone knows about
> everyone... We'll go back to that way, which is the way humans have
> been for most of our history. Probably time to get back to normal a
> bit more.

I'm sorry, but to me, this seems so wrong-headed I don't even know where to start.

I have to disagree with - literally - every single thing you said, there, except for "which is the way humans have been for most of our history".  That's true enough (if you replace "small town" with "small tribe").  Human lives have also been 'brutish, nasty and short' for most of our history.  The past is somewhere I have no interest in going back to.

Ben Zaiboc