[ExI] Life must be everywhere!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:09:21 UTC 2012

If life evolved at just 25 different sites in the galaxy 10 billion
years ago, the combined ejecta from these places would now fill the
Milky Way.

<http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-amazing-trajectories-of-life-bearing-meteorites-from-earth>

The amazing trajectories of life-bearing meteorites from Earth
April 12, 2012

The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago (10 km in
diameter, mass greater than 1 trillion tons) must have ejected
billions of tons of life-bearing meteorites into space. Now Kyoto
Sangyo University physicists have calculated this could have seeded
life in the solar system and even as far as Gliese 581.

The probability is almost 1 (close to certain) that our solar system
is visited by microorganisms that originated outside our solar system.