[ExI] Written for another list

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:00:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Again, I encourage y'all to look fast/slow breeders alternative
> fuelcycles. Most of what John has said was the usual thorium polyanna talk.
> Do read the technical papers and look at the history what happened. You'll
> find that
> it's not that what happened, and not for the reasons claimed.

I'd like to debate this but basically all you're saying in your
cross-examination is "no";  so in my redirect I'll just say "yes".

> Our future will be decided within 30-40 years. This sounds melodramatic,

Yes it does sound melodramatic. I recall that 30 years ago environmentalist
were saying that if we didn't make profound changes within 30 years about
the way we used energy it would be too late and the human race will be
doomed, well today we have not done so to their satisfaction so lets just
agree that we're doomed and get on with life.

By the way I don't think conserving energy is enough, the government should
pass a law making us conserve angular momentum too. I'm thinking of
starting a advocacy group.

  John K Clark