[ExI] Welcome to the Future

Christian Vanderwall cvanderwall14 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:34:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, yes, the mass movement we need is of a philosophical, cultural and
> political nature. While technology may influence society, is (a certain
> kind of) society that makes technology happen.

Or perhaps all we need are gamers.  The Oculus Rift (
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game)
is a great example of how people are pushing the limits of virtual reality
technology in the pursuit of fun.      In the years to come, people will
begin to spend more and more time playing virtual reality games.  As the
quality of these games improves, some people (most in my opinion) will come
to the realization that virtual reality is much more enjoyable than our
current reality and will begin a push to integrate themselves into the
virtual world(s) more permanently.

-Christian