[ExI] We need fresh ideas!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:34:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Why should we not allow for "turistic" cryonics?

"turistic" means "tourism".  :)

I think this could well appeal to some people. Hibernating for a few
years as means of time travel to visit the future has possibilities.
Especially if you have a terminal disease where the cure is known, but
needs five years to be developed into a useable treatment for humans.

This also bypasses all the legal problems about whether dead people
can own stuff, as they are not dead - just hibernating. It also
bypasses all the problems about recreating a vitrified body. Overall,
a much simpler procedure.

BillK