[ExI] [universalimmortalism] We need some new energy!

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Tue Aug 7 04:07:08 UTC 2012

Hi David,

I completely agree with you, that we need more energy, and more
believers, or converts, if you will.  We can't do anything, alone.  The
bottom line is, many people have mistaken working hypothosis, so are
pushing in the wrong direction, or failing to push in the right
direction.  It's simply  a matter of they lack proper moral knowledge,
and are thereby not choosing what they really want.

Most cryonicists think the arguments that converted them, will convert
everyone else, and spout mostly just that.  I think that is another big
problem, as everyone is very different.  You've got to fully understand
and work within the current beliefs of others, before you can hope to
help them see something better.

Also, in my opinion, I think you are grossly mistaken, and wasting
significant amounts on any efforts towards "reversal of aging", which
will basically get us nothing.  (i.e. we'll still have accidents that
will kill us, and all the other problems that go along with having a
primitive dumb minimalistic brain, even if it doesn't age.)

We simply need to discover what consciousness is, and then duplicate it,
and copy it trillians of times - solving ALL of our problems, not just
curing some trivial aging problem of some soon to be very outdated and
primitive platform we're all about to completely abandon.  Any work
spent on that is a complete immoral waist of time, in my opinion.

Again, in my opinion, your mistaken beliefs are killing us, and many
others, because it causes you to waste time on the wrong thing.

The  bottom line is, we've got to amplify the moral intelligence and
wisdom of everyone (maybe I'm morally mistaken also?), so everyone can
intelligently make the right choices.

And the best way to do that is first, find out what everyone currently
does believe, and value, and why.  Then you need to give everyone the
ability to survey their chosen experts, to see what they say we should
do (experts, no matter who, will always be more intelligent than lay
populations.)  And we need to measure for what people believe, and know
why, so we can better convert them, from within their reference, or set
of values.  In other words, we need to provide a way for all the experts
to measure for how well their arguments are working, or not, and find
out what it would take to convert people to better behavior, using their
current values, not ours, sooner, and focus on getting that.

In other words, everything we're trying to do at canonizer.com.

By the way, check out the new "Amplifying the  Wisdom of the Crowd:
Building, and Measuring for Expert and Moral Consensus" paper by James
Carol, linked to on the front page of Canaonizer.com.

It's all about knowing, concisely and quantitatively, what everyone else
wants.   And   measuring that, so it can improve. If the experts can
measure all that, concisely and quantitatively, for everyone,  then
improving it and eventually getting it all, for and with everyone will
be trivial.

As long as people believe they want to die, or never age in some
primitive platform, that's where we'll continue to be heading.  I know
what it will take to convince me, I'm already converted.  The question
is, what do you currently believe, and what will it take to convert you,
and everyone else, or visa versa?

Brent Allsop