[ExI] pussy riot case

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 19 18:25:54 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Stross
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:07 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] pussy riot case

>...We are all pussies now... Anders

Ja, or We are all Rioters now might work too.  {8-]

On 19 Aug 2012, at 17:41, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>... Are any of you following the Pussy Riot trial?

>...Are you joking? It's been one of the top three foreign news items in the
UK for days...

Oy.  Barely a news footnote in the states.  I heard about it because it was
on a chess site, and only then because Kasparov had tangled with the
commies.

>...(along with the SA police massacre of striking mine workers...

This is the first I have heard of it.

>... and Julian Assange continuing to be a narcissistic dick) ...-- Charlie

That isn't news, but the legal handling of his case interests me.  It is
clear enough that the charges against him are trumped up, and they really
want him for his actions on transparency.  I have mixed feelings, but I am
more with him than against him.  Regarding narcissistic, his personality
isn't a concern to me.  I vaguely recall his being an occasional poster on
ExI back in the old days, didn't play well with the other kids if memory
serves correctly.