[ExI] Dreams...

sm at vreedom.de sm at vreedom.de
Wed Aug 22 13:43:07 UTC 2012

Giovanni,

Right now I'm working on a somehow transhumanist project that is to develop
an automatic system that can recognize the sleep phases and follow the EEG
and then tries to enhance the slow wave sleep by stimulating the brain with
sounds at the right frequency and phase. I'm using a Phase Locked Loop to
actually lock on the brain patterns during slow wave sleep and then play
back to the brain these same patterns to exploit possible resonances in the
relevant neural network.

We have done a pilot study (also testing every day the system on myself to
try many different parameters and set up) and we got an increase of slow
wave power anything in between 20-50 % that is more than what you get with
some of the sedative drugs available.

I hope one day to develop a system that is portable and easy enough to use
that people could actually use it at home with a wireless EEG and smart
phone.

Just wanted to share this with the group, sleep is a cool subject.

That's interesting . . . Could be used in principle to get my
"lucid-dream-switch". The starting of lucid dreams also has a distinctive
wave-pattern.

Links?

Best

Stephan