[ExI] First transhumanist MP in Europe, by Giulio Prisco

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:11:08 UTC 2012

>>...Nice.  Useful tips for any transhumanists running on this side of the
> pond - in districts that are not afraid of science, anyway.
>
> Unfortunately all our districts seem to be afraid of science.
>
> Some are worse than others.  We have had religious fundamentalists opposing
> the teaching of evolution at least since Darwin, but that isn't what really
> worries me.  What I am seeing is that somehow the notion of evolution is
> being equated with racism.  It seems like this far down the road, Darwin is
> under attack from both sides of the political spectrum.

I have to wonder, what would happen if more candidates openly
in favor of science came forward and ran?  Not even necessarily
to win, just to run and get media attention - which would probably
require running as a major party candidate (but then, if you don't
win, they can't expect as many favors from you in exchange for
sponsoring you).