[ExI] uploads again

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Dec 24 19:22:15 UTC 2012

Extropians,

I'm in the camp that thinks all this kind of "slave" talk is just
mistaken and primitive selfish talk.  Anyone that thinks or assumes that
slavishness is the only way thinks can work, must eventually realized
the logical necessity that any superior race will always eventually be
wiped out or else become a slave to some superior race, wherever that
new race may come from.  It can never end.

But, all intelligence must eventually logically realize the error in any
such immoral, lonely, and will eventually loose, 'slavish' thinking.
Obvisly what is morally right, is to co-operate with everyone, and seek
to get the best for everyone - the more diversity in desires the better.

Any inferior, immoral being, if they are making such mistakes, like
thinking slavishness is right, will eventually be overcome by some
species that knows better.  And that will not be a bad thing, as they
will want to help you get all that you want, as long as what you want is
not to destroy or get in the way of anyone else also getting all they
want.  And THAT will be the only required slavishness:  to know about
what other also want and to not to get in the way of anyone.

And I think that is why there is an emerging consensus in this camp,
that thinks fear of any kind of superior intelligence is silly, whether
artificial, alien, or any kind of devils, whatever one may imagine them
to be in their ignorance of this necessary moral fact.

So far, at least, there are more people, I believe experts, willing to
stand up and defend this position, than there are willing to defend any
fearful camps.

Brent Allsop