[ExI] toys rewiring kids' brains

J.R. Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 02:34:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> My son is an example of one who builds a kit, then never takes it apart.
> But the toy is then far too specific for imaginative play.  He may be an
> oddball in that sense.

I have 4 boys, and they do both quite honestly.  They'll assemble and keep
assembled for quite some time.  Eventually one of them breaks one, and the
pieces are then used for 'free play' if you will.

I can't speak towards 'oddball' or not, as I've often recommended they use
glue when assembling, but I grew up with model cars and such.  Actually, I
can.  I'm pretty odd.