[ExI] self driving cars again

Kellycoinguy kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 15:43:27 UTC 2012

I saw some BMWs and Mercedes that already ship with anti skip software... So I think it is safer to have the car drive than the humans... Especially on ice.

-Kelly

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touchspike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
I am rethinking self-driving cars after spending the holidays in Spokane
Washington.  It has been snowing a lot up here.  It is an order of magnitude
more difficult to drive in snowy and icy conditions.  So it makes sense to
me why self-drivers have been legalized in states where it doesn't snow
much.  I don't really think the technology is ready for winter driving in
the rest of the world.

On the other hand, it might be just the opposite: snow and ice impairs
humans more than it does software.  If that is the case, then perhaps the
safety of a self-driver is comparable to a human on a clean dry road, but a
factor of 3 safer in icy conditions.