[ExI] tests again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 31 06:05:32 UTC 2012

A few weeks ago I asked the geeks if anyone knew of a way to find a test
writers template.  Several suggested Google terms or sites.  I looked at
five, narrowed it to two, and chose Wondershare Quiz Creator.  Thanks to all
who replied.  I think it was BillK who found WonderShare, mighta been Mike.

The task has grown even more interesting.  As you may recall, I originally
set out to make a test that would qualify technicians.  Then I realized
something that is a cool challenge: design the test so that the test taker
may use online resources, anything found on a typical desktop PC with a web
connection, just as the typical technician would have at work.  That makes
the whole thing an order of magnitude harder for the test designer, but
results in much more significant results.  It is fun to have a test on one's
internal knowledge, but really it is no more significant than being the
winner on a quiz show.  In the real world, we all have access to
externalized knowledge.  The test is designed to show how effectively the
technician can access that external knowledge pool out there on the
internet.

All suggestions welcome.